Automatic Water Level Controller –
Water is the boon of god and it should not be wasted by any means. In many houses, we have tanks filled with water for regular and daily base uses of water. We switch the water motor on and keep a note of 30 to 90 minutes for the tank to fill in. Sometimes the water gets filled fast or slow depending on the amount of remaining water. The rest of the tank water will be wasted. Sometimes you are in an urgent situation and you must get a bath but you found out the water tank empty. To resolve all these problems, we have automatic water level controller.
There are many ways to control the water level.
Using float technique –
The paper always floats on the water. The same way a paper like device is used to float on the water. When the water comes down and is out, the device rests on the ground ( the bottom of the floor ). It is electronically connected to the motor and the motor turns on automatically for a certain desired time span. We can adjust the time of the switch on time of the motor. The only disadvantage of this system is that it gets turned on only when the water completely runs out.
Using probe technique –
A probe is used to switch the motor on or off efficiently by assigning it the least level of the water tank and the peak level of the water tank. When the probe reaches or crosses the peak level, the motor automatically switches off. The same way, when the probe reaches or crosses the least level, the motor automatically switches on and wait till the peak level is reached. The only disadvantage of the system is that it causes many problems that requires spending money and more maintenance.
Using Ultrasonic Sensor –
Water level controller uses two components namely HC – SR04 Ultrasonic sensor and relay board. We need to specify the distance to turn on the motor and the distance to turn off the motor. There is a special program to be executed with the sensor. Many resistors, capacitors, semiconductors, circuit boards are used.
The image above shows the technique of using the sensor to switch on the motor or to switch off the motor.
Advantages of Automatic Water Level Controller –
- The automatic water level controller can be used to maintain the exact preset water level.
- The sensor can be corrosion free and the maintenance cost of the controller is hence very low.
Start the stop the motor as defined.
- The Automatic Water Level Controller is very compact, easy to move and very easy to install.
- This can be installed in metro cities where the drinking water is the only water used for all purposes. So the drinking water will not be wasted.
- The power used by this automatic water level controller is also very low and is completely negligible.
- This can be installed in hotels, hospitals and also in homes.