Casting is a General manufacturing process in which a liquid for a fluid type material he is poured into a mold which has a hollow cavity in it. They hollow cavity in a mold is the required shape of the material we want to acquire from the molten material. This process is known as casting. Normally, the hardened part inside the body is known as casting and it is taken out buy completely breaking or smashing outer part. Casting materials are mostly solids as they are the only materials that make a bulky and solid object after casting. Casting is a very ancient process and is well known to all the people from the bronze age. There are different types of material used in the casting process. They can be metal, plastic, concrete, plastic, resin and many more.
Centrifugal casting is same as the casting process but with the small things which has a spinning die. That I can be rotated either horizontally or vertically depending on the type of material to be manufactured on the centrifugal casting. For all the Tubular type material, horizontal centrifugal casting is mostly preferred. For all other types of material including extrusion, vertical centrifugal casting is preferred. Almost from the castings, horizontal centrifugal castings are preferred the most as there will be low amount of gravitational force acting on the object in the centrifugal casting.
Centrifugal casting is also known as a roto casting and are mainly used to cast thin walled cylinders. The material used in centrifugal casting maybe metal, glass, concrete and all the materials used in the normal casting. Even very hard materials name iron, Steel, stainless steel and all other alloys can be used in this casting process.
- Using centrifugal casting, there will be no fear of length, thickness and diameter. Castings of any length, any thickness and any diameter can be produced and manufactured easily without any limitations. (15 m )
- Pipes, Fly Wheels and all cylinder liners can be produced using Centrifugal Casting.
- Different thicknesses of the walls can be manufactured easily.
- It also eliminates the necessity of the cores.
- Centrifugal casting has its Mechanical properties at the top.
- Cylindrical shapes of any size can be produced with ease.
- Better surface finish can be achieved.
- Very huge parts of heavy weight can also be produced up to 61,235 kg.
- The tooling equipment of centrifugal casting is very high when compared to any other casting process.
- The maintenance of the equipment of centrifugal casting is high.
- The centrifugal casting process must be under the careful observation of professionals. It may be too many problems when there is no professional help.
- Wastage of the material is high.
- It is a traditional technique.
- There are many other casting and techniques which are much better than centrifugal casting.
- The area occupied by the centrifugal casting equipment is very high.
- The adaptability of the place for the centrifugal casting equipment is very low because it is almost impossible to move the material of very huge weight.
There are many other casting processes namely Net shaped centrifugal casting, sand casting, investment casting, Continuous casting, vacuum casting, Argon oxygen de-carburization refining and many more.